GREEN ASPARGUS & RAW GREEN SALSA
IN SEASON • It’s the end of the green asparagus season & we liked to share a savoury recipe...
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 12 green aspargus
- 1/2 avocado
- A handful of spinach
- 2 fresh organic eggs
- Balsamico vinegar
- Extra virgin olive oil
- The juice of 1 lime
- Black pepper
- Sea salt
- GR'EAT granola Energy
1. Cook the aspargus in a pot (without lid!) simmering water for 7 minutes. As a rule, all greens growing above the soil should be cooked without lid. This is to maintain there vivid colour. Once cooked, strain the water & plunge the aspargus in iced water to stop the cooking & preserve the colours.
2. In a powerful blender mix half of an avocado + spinach + basil + black pepper + 1 tbs olive oil
3. Poach the eggs:
1. FRESH EGGS. How fresher the egg, how more the egg white will stick to the yolk.
2. VINEGAR Use 1 tbs of vinegar to help clustering.
3. GENTLE SIMMER the water to avoid the egg to be torn apart.
4. TOURBILLON. Whisk the water to create a tourbillon before adding the egg to avoid splitting.
4. Top with a dash of olive oil, a few dots of balsamico cream, black pepper, parmegiano & GR'EAT granola Energy & borache flowers.
PS: you can easily find borache flowers plants & plant them at home. Pick fresh flowers just before serving.